Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Change Is In The Air

...And I'm not talking about me.

Today, I logged into the Second Life webpage. And I notice that the police blotter is no longer avalible. It's gone. Wiped off the face of the earth. The one link we had to judging any trend in punishments is gone. We will never know any details now of abuse report actions. With the police blotter, it was inept and vague and hilariously small considering the overall volume of AR judgements but it did provide a general idea of what the Lindens were going after at the time. If it is still around then it is tucked away somewhere far from the eyes of the general public and any kind of media. And that's a crying shame. For one, I can no longer copy the current police blotter and poke fun at each entry. And for another, it indicates that Linden Lab is once again throwing things down a memory hole in the hopes that no one will notice it gone or to avoid embarrasment (and some of the actions and ARs acted upon were fairly stupid).

On the bright side, I now have an option of seeing through the website which regions are down. The link takes me to.... the support website. Great. Just what I wanted to know: how to teleport off of a region that is restarting and how to tell if it is restarting in the first place. I guess it was too much to ask that we be allowed to see if our home sim is crashed out or not. Maybe the list would be far longer than the police blotter's twenty-five entries. In retrospect, perhaps it only records the lands you own and when they are down. I dunno.

Since the last LL economy report was hopelessly brain dead (LOL GROWTH!!1) I am now going to keep a running tab of the economic statistics from this date forward every week for the SL economy, and I'll run it side by side with the Linden released figures. Obviously, I expect to be called 'biased' or 'unreliable'. We'll see.

I was going to rant about mentors, but upon reflection I decided against it. I figure I have made my opinions on the matter known, and what I was going to say, while offering new material, is the blog equivalent of beating a dead horse.

Well, that's what I've noticed changed on the SL blog since the past two months. I can't wait to see what it will be like in April!

No comments: