Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Three Rejections

All three of the jobs (university prefers to call it 'careers' but let's not kid ourselves) I applied to rejected me. It was through the university's career-matching service, where an employer posts a particular position they want, and you send them your resume, and then they decide whether or not they want to interview you (which will be done on campus conveniently).


Most were nothing more than glorified telemarketing or mindless filing and that's not what I want. The three I applied for were the most interesting and which were relevant to my interests and none of them wanted me.

Don't think me a fool for putting all my eggs in one basket, as I've been searching through other venues as well. It's just discouraging to be summarily dismissed without even an interview, three times.

At least I don't have to hassle with trying to fit the on-campus interviews into my schedule. Also, whining has allowed me to test page breaks, so from a Torley-esque point of view, I've come out ahead.

No comments: