Wednesday, January 16, 2008

ResidentStories@lewispr.com

Avatar name:

Anna J Tsiolkovsky

SLurl (if applicable):
Catch me if you can.

What are you doing in Second Life?

At the moment, nothing. Unless you count existing as doing something.

How long have you been in Second Life?

One year, two months, eleven days, sixteen hours, five minutes, twenty-three seconds.

How did you find out about Second Life?

Two places:
Prokofy and Something Awful.

What were your original goals when you became a part of Second Life? Have
they changed?


I came to see if it was as bad as they said it was. My new goal is to whine and moan on this blog while experiencing just how bad it is.

Was there anything in-world that surprised you, something that you may not
have expected?


I was surprised when I found, a month after playing, that there could be days in which I could actually get something done and not crash out of the client.

What do you hope to achieve in-world?

I hope to grow watermelons, make nifty things with friends, and live out the rest of my SL days staring out a window.

What is your motivation?

More like lack thereof.

How many Residents frequent your island/business? Daily? Monthly?

I don't own a business or an island. However, I did sell a saxophone once, of which about thirty people bought over the course of about three months. So I guess you could say it was pretty dead.

How do you measure your success in-world? Is it by money or another means?

I measure success with a meter stick, although some have used ordinary twelve inch rulers to the same effect.

What are some of your favorite places in-world?

I hang out in lots of friends' homes. If I'm not there, I'm at the Chrine in Windermere. If I'm not there, I'm at Blackwater gallery trying to find statues to move and mess around with. If I'm not there, I'm at Orientation Station prying people out of walls. And if I'm not there, I'm logged out.

What do you think makes Second Life interesting?

If you mean what makes the standard client and game itself interesting, then I'd say not much. If I wanted to build a bunch of random things, I'd use AutoCAD or some Legos. If you mean overall, I'd say it's the friends I've made. If they left I'm gone.

What are the pros and cons of doing business in Second Life?

The pro is that it's much much easier, especially when you have friends helping you out. The con is that it's also much easier to go bankrupt and fold. Risks are higher but the potential reward is greater.

What do you see in the future for Second Life?

"Game over. Thanks for playing." displaying upon logging in just before the servers are shut down.

And that is my response to the questionaire.

No comments: