Thursday, August 27, 2009

Jaycee

Update: Turns out truth really is stranger than fiction: she was held in a massive camouflaged complex with soundproof sheds along with other kids.


Jaycee Dugard was found after eighteen years. It seems that she just walked up and turned herself in.

My question is: what the hell was she doing for the past two decades? I'm imagining an Indiana Jones style escape. With the giant boulder and all. It seems hard to imagine being held captive for eighteen years, and the captors never slipped up once during that time to allow escape.

I can only hope it's that and not something like Elizabeth Smart, who just kind of clinged to her kidnapper, half the time not even held back by a weapon. Brainwashed, I guess? I have no idea.

Just seems weird to me.

335

No comments: