Wednesday, November 7, 2007

QVC? In My SLCN?

TV shopping. About Second Life. L$10,000 for the initial buy-in, and L$2,000 per month the ad continues to run.

The only issue I can see is if that cost is beneficial in the long run. How many watch SLCN? How many, upon watching the ads, will bother to buy anything? How long can the commercial run before the L$2,000 a month begins to hurt business with hardly any return?

Sometimes I watch SLCN. The only issue I've ever had was the hurt it put on my computer to download and watch the videos, and Quicktime which would occasionally pitch fits about conflicts and whatnot. Not hard to fix, but some days I don't feel like bothering with it.

In any case, it will certainly be a great source of income for them. If it turns out that it's a bust and people stop buying ads, they're still ahead. And if it works and people notice a marked increase of sales, then this can only mean good things for SLCN.

No comments: